Wednesday, September 24, 2014

CURB SHOPPING MADNESS!

Just one week ago, as I was walking the dog, I found this at the curb.

Can you believe someone was just going to throw that away?  Me neither.  Can you believe I just raced home, got the van and loaded it into the car before even waking up the kids for school?  Of course you can!

It is perfect for my older son's bedroom, which has been receiving a complete redecoration.

Over the weekend, I took the drawers out and the drawer-pulls off.

I sanded it, primed it, and painted it a lovely dark gray called "French Beret."  I forgot to take pictures of all those steps.  But I did take a picture of the rags I used to clean up, because they're a set of  summertime pajamas that I have had since my oldest was a baby. 

Cute little gingham pattern, right?  I nursed him wearing those same pajamas -- and now --cue the music - now they are used to refurbish furniture for his "young man" bedroom.

It looks perfect.

Yes, those are new drawer-pulls.  Thanks for noticing.  Yes, the picture is blurry.  We haven't put shades up in his newly redecorated bedroom yet, and the light is blinding.  It doesn't do the color justice.  Luckily, I also painted his dresser the same color.

Nice, right?  Or do you like it the old way better?

That was back when the dresser was blue.  And his walls were dark blue and the rug was light blue.  Now it's all a very polished gray.

It just screams "young man on his way to an excellent college".

No one knows which college that will be, but we're working on it.  I just hope he learns to put his clothes away.

What's at your curb?






No comments:

Post a Comment