Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WINE A LITTLE, YOU'LL FEEL BETTER

For all you guys and gals on the go ... you need this.


It is an individually wrapped glass of wine.  The glass is actually plastic, but it's nice enough.  You can keep it in your fridge for those emergency situations.

I think you know what I'm talking about.

My sister-in-law gave it to me.  She is a savvy shopper and wine drinker, and she likes to be prepared.  I admire that about her.

I like to plan ahead, and fall is a hectic time around here, so I did this ...

Yes, I did.  I bought the box.  My husband threatened divorce.

Honestly, the wine tasted fine.  However, inside the box is a plastic ... well, bladder.  It holds the wine and shrinks down as the wine gets poured.   That's not the worst thing in the world ... but ... next time I went to the store I just bought the bottle.

Recently we went to a wedding and got these favors.

I know, it's been done before.  But I appreciated it all the same.

My oldest son is applying to colleges this fall.  A lot of pressure, a lot do do, a lot of emotion.  Sometimes I just need to wine down.   How do you like your wine?

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey. The box is on the third or fourth shelf up. I go for the bottom shelf. At Winco I can get Oak Leaf Chard, Cab, Zin, Grigio, and even Sauv Blanc for just $3.23 a bottle. Yes, you heard it here. And it's very easy for me to reach since I'm only 5 foot 2. I just have to bend over a slight bit. It's all so helpful. Why, if I hadn't had my special vintage last summer at the Shakespeare festival, I never would've understood the plot to Into The Woods. It's the little things in life.......

    ReplyDelete